   Re: CSS and XSL - competition

  • From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@jtauber.com>
  • To: "Heikki Toivonen" <heikki@citec.fi>, "XML Developers' List" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:10:44 +0800

>So far XSL effort in Mozilla has been very little. Some people have
>investigated the code and asserted that it shouldn't be too difficult to
add
>XSL FO support to Mozilla now that CSS is in a good shape (I saw a  post a
>while back that 100% of CSS1 features were in, it just needed bug fixing).

>From what I can tell as an XSL FO developer, getting full CSS support gets
you *a lot* of the way towards XSL FO support. As I said on xsl-list, most
of the hard stuff I've found in implementing XSL FOs would be hard in CSS
too.

I hope to support CSS "FO"s in FOP at some stage (although given the
unification that seems to be happening in XSL, FOP will probably
automatically handle CSS FOs by virtue of handling XSL FOs)

James

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)