   Re: scope of XML

  • From: "james@xmlTree.com" <james@xmltree.com>
  • To: "Jennifer Stetina" <stetina@icsd.mot.com>,<xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 20:54:24 +0100

Dear Jennifer

Some websites that provide xml content or xml interfaces are listed at www.xmlTree.com

> XML-supported websites; specifically, a statistic or percentage that
> expresses how many of them there are today.

The number of websites which have made public their activities is still extremely small -
I would guess less than 1000.  I am sure that more private ones exist (I am informed, for
example, that the intranet systems that Dialog Corp supplies are being rewritten, based on
xml, and that Dell is exchanging product information using xml), but the business case for
making public xml interfaces and content available hasn't been clearly identified yet.

If anyone does know of other cases of xml content provision, I'd sure like to know!

Best regards,
James Carlyle

james@xmltree.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev