   Re: Namespace URI address resources

  • From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@polaris.net>
  • To: "'XML Dev'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:45:00 -0400

At 10:42 AM 6/14/1999 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
>It is becoming painfully obvious that we need a general-purpose
>packaging mechanism to deliver an arbitrary number of related
>whatevers along with a piece of XML payload.  There has been a lot
>of discussion about this around the W3C.  It may be the case that
>multipart-mime provides a general solution for this problem (don't
>understand it well enough myself to have an opinion), or perhaps
>we need an XML Packaging Language to use for this purpose. -Tim

I've been wondering about this. Granted the XLink spec still hasn't calmed
down, but this kind of problem seems (to me) to be a good fit for an
extended link group solution. And (not that you suggested this) it doesn't
seem to be something that requires the mandate of a WG, but rather can be a
de-facto informal solution a la SAX(2). Would that work, you think?
John E. Simpson          | It's no disgrace t'be poor,
simpson@polaris.net      | but it might as well be.
                         |            -- "Kin" Hubbard

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest