   help: encoding binary data in XML

  • From: "Florin Popescu" <florin_popescu@nl.compuware.com>
  • To: "XML Developer List" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:01:38 +0200

Hi All,

I have the following problem. My program generates XML files reading the
data from a database. In the database I have both text and binary data
fields.

What can I do about the characters from rage (0-x20) which are not valid in
XML (with the exceptions: TAB,LF,CR)? I have those kind of characters in
some fields.

Note:
------
I am using the expat to parse the XML file.

Take in the consideration that I have to read the files back with my own I/O
functions and not directly with the parser. I have to do it this way  due to
the fact that the I/O is very complicated and use redirection of the files
via the network.

So, I have a loop reading lines from a file and send it to the parser.

Florin

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)