   Re: About XML and GIS

  • From: Robin Cover <robin@isogen.com>
  • To: Ameet Deshpande <ameet.deshpande@tatainfotech.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:09:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Ameet Deshpande wrote:

> I am working in Tata Infotech LTD company and is presently trying to find the various prospects of using XML technology in GIS.
> I have no idea as to whether there is any work presently going on in this field (i.e. using XML in GIS). If anyone has some information on the above matter or if anyone knows of any web sites which may contain such information please mail me.
> Thanking you in anticipation
>
> Regards
> Ameet Deshpande
> Tata Infotech LTD
> (ameet.deshpande@tatainfotech.com)

Earlier today I posted a 'news item' to the SGML/XML News
on the SGML/XML Web Page.  See:

  http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/sgmlnew.html

The relevant article is about the project MIX -
"Mediation of Information Using XML" centered
at UC San Diego.  Follow the links; there's an
article cited about MIX and GIS - "Integrating
GIS and Imagery through XML-Based Information
Mediation"

- Robin Cover

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest