   Notations in the external Subset

  • From: Sangineto Stefano <StefanoSangineto@OPACC.CH>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:38:45 +0200

Saluti

I know that I have to declare a Notation for each unparsed entity format eg.
jpeg, gif.

Now I would like to declare all the necessary notations in the external DTD
subset, so each author could use the same notation names within the document
instances. In the internal DTD-Subsets they would have only to declare the
(image) entity, for example:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE nachricht SYSTEM "nachricht.dtd" [
<!ENTITY bild SYSTEM "ferien.jpg" NDATA jpg>
]>
<nachricht>

I read in the XML specification that the internal subset is processed before
the external subset. Is this the reason for my xml-editor error messages
(Notation not declared Line 3)?
Is there a way to get round this annoying problem or must each author
declare his own notations?

Please help
Stefano

(un)subscribe xml-dev