   RE: comparison between XML C/C++ parsers?

  • From: "F.A.A." <l-arcini@uniandes.edu.co>
  • To: "Michele Lee" <mclee@oblix.com>, <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 05:24:27 -0500

- I'm trying to decide which XML C/C++ parser to use.  Is there any
- comparison
- available?  In particular, comparison between IBM4C++ and expat.

Just wanted to add 3 things to mr. David Megginson's reply:

1.A very useful c++ wrapper was posted to the list a couple of months ago by
Andy Dent. Just check the list archives or send me an email.

2.I have used them both on diferent versions of a project and I've found
expat (using Andy's expatpp) a better choice because of stability (David is
right: expect a few problems with IBM4C2), portability, and speed. Besides,
on a personal note, my development time with expat was considerably smaller
(about 10% less; note that i first used expat, so i had some experience with
a parser when i tackled xml4c++).

3.A few weeks ago www.XML.com published a comparision of parsers, you may
want to take a look there.

Live long,