   Re: Declarative constraints for XML documents

  • From: Kurt Donath <kurt.donath@lmco.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:43:06 -0400

I'm not sure that XSL is the place to enforce constraints since it's for
style.  Constraints also probably shouldn't live in the XML document
since they don't participate in the information space, but act upon it.
Perhaps, in the same way that a document points to a schema and a style
sheet, there should be a pointer to a set of methods that would describe
these constraints or any other operations.

--

Kurt Donath
315.456.6276

(un)subscribe xml-dev