   Re: ATTN: Please comment on XHTML (before it's too late)

  • From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
  • To: "Braden N . McDaniel" <braden@endoframe.com>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:19:26 -0400

At 06:11 PM 8/29/99 -0400, Braden N . McDaniel wrote:

>Are you really contesting the popularly accepted notion that modern
>browsers support a greater percentage of HTML 3.2 than of HTML 4.0?

I'm stating that if you try hard enough, you can create something that will
fail in about any language.

In both HTML 3.2 and HTML 4.0, it is perfectly feasiable to design
documents that work as intended. HTML 4.0 does not universally fail. You do
not have to avoid substantial methods that are popularly available to make
it not fail.

But again, let's get back to the issue at hand: is XHTML 1.0 something that
should go to Rec.

Ann

---
Ann Navarro