   Why XML?

  • From: David Power <david.power@fms.ie>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:03:31 +0100

Hello group,

Firstly I must say that I support the use of  XML,
where it fits. Sometimes I think it is difficult to
see exactly where it fits. One of our Directors has
decided that XML is a great solution for our internal
out-sourcing system. It is an SQL database that
we render on browsers in HTML 4.0 using VB +
Javascripting. It is strictly for internal use and everyone
uses IE 4.0 to view it (no probs).

What is the advantage of using XML in this loop?

Our accounting is SAP and there are moves towards
integrating that with our out-sourcing system,
I can see where XML is useful here, by the way are there
any Case Studies of SAP/XML integration?

Thank you,

David Power.