   libxml on Solaris 2.6

  • From: Gilles FILIPPINI <Gilles.Filippini@edf.fr>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: 21 Oct 1999 09:01:11 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to use the library libxml on Sun/Solaris 2.6, but I can't succeed compiling it.
Although the ./configure step seems OK, I get the folowing error message during the compilation of nanohttp.c :

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I. -DLIBXML_VERSION=\"1.7.3\" -g -O2 -c  -fPIC -DPIC nanohttp.c -o .libs/nanohttp.lo
nanohttp.c:444: warning: `struct in_addr' declared inside parameter list
nanohttp.c:444: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration,
nanohttp.c:444: warning: which is probably not what you want.
nanohttp.c:445: parameter `ia' has incomplete type
nanohttp.c: In function `xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt':
nanohttp.c:446: `IPPROTO_TCP' undeclared (first use this function)
nanohttp.c:446: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
nanohttp.c:446: for each function it appears in.)
nanohttp.c:447: storage size of `sin' isn't known
nanohttp.c: In function `xmlNanoHTTPConnectHost':
nanohttp.c:549: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
nanohttp.c:558: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
nanohttp.c:560: storage size of `ia' isn't known
nanohttp.c:561: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
nanohttp.c:562: type of formal parameter 1 is incomplete
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `nanohttp.lo'
Current working directory /usr2/eid/libxml-1.7.3
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /usr2/eid/libxml-1.7.3
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'

I tried to hack in nanohttp.c to include <netinet/in.h> but other errors followed...

Has anyone experienced this problem before ?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

- Gilles Filippini.