   Re: Parser in Lingo?

  • From: "Anthony B. Coates" <abcoates@TheOffice.net>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 05:05:32 AET

** Reply to message from hpyle@agora.co.uk on Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:25:48 +0100

> Does anyone have a (minimal) XML parser written in Macromind Director's Lingo?

Interesting thought.  I haven't used Director 7, but the idea was supposed to
be that you could embed Java into Lingo, and use that to call out to Java
libraries.  If that has been implemented, I would recommend it as your best
choice.  You could use AElfred if size is the main issue (~50K), or otherwise
IBM's XML Parser for Java works well for me.

You could also write an Xtra (plug-in) that calls out to a C/C++ XML parser,
but having written Xtras myself, I wouldn't recommend it unless you already have
a couple under your belt.  Calling out to Java should be easier, if D7 has the
Java support that was being promoted a year ago when I switched from multimedia.

	Cheers,
			Tony.

** Anthony B. Coates    >> mailto:abcoates@TheOffice.net <<
** Software Engineer (Java).  This is a 100% Pure Java e-mail.
** AJUG National Secretary (see http://www.ajug.org.au/)