   how the parser locate dtd files

  • From: "Weihong Xie" <wxie@gmswireless.com>
  • To: "Xml-Dev" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:32:13 -0700

hi,

I am new to xml and need to do a quick prototype of how to retrieve
information from other web site using xml format. I got a parsing error of

** Parsing error, line 2, uri null
   Relative URI "my.dtd"; cannot be resolved without a document URI.

I am using Sun's xml parser, and the code looks like

            URL source = new URL(url);
            URLConnection conn = source.openConnection();
            conn.setDoInput(true);
            InputStream is = conn.getInputStream();

            input = Resolver.createInputSource("text/xml;charset=UTF-8", is,
false, "http");
            parser = ParserFactory.makeParser();
	      parser.setDocumentHandler(this);
	      parser.setErrorHandler(this);
	      parser.parse(input);

The document that I am retrieving from the url looks like

	<!DOCTYPE mydoc SYSTEM "my.dtd">

The my.dtd is at the same location as the document, but obviously the parser
doesn't know how to resolve it. What I need to do for configuring the
parser? I am kind of lost by reading the document, any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Weihong.