   RE: how the parser locate dtd files

  • From: "Weihong Xie" <wxie@gmswireless.com>
  • To: "David Brownell" <david-b@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:49:26 -0700

Thanks for your reply, I've try to create the InputSource directly by

	input = new InputSource(url)

but the sun's xml tr2 parser doesn't like it, it gives me

	java.io.IOException: Push back buffer is full
		at java.io.PushbackInputStream.unread(PushbackInputStream.java:211)
		at com.sun.xml.parser.XmlReader.useEncodingDecl(Compiled Code)
		at com.sun.xml.parser.XmlReader.<init>(XmlReader.java:240)
		at com.sun.xml.parser.XmlReader.createReader(XmlReader.java:86)

I think it's because it's not using http protocal although the url is an
http url string. One thing that I may not make it clear is the xml
page/content is dynamically generated at the web server.

Thanks for any help.

Weihong.