   RE: Multiple documents in one 'wrapper'

  • From: Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@iedigital.net>
  • To: XML-DEV LIST <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:15:28 +0100

> Anton Schoultz   wrote:
> Q1-Does XML support multiple document types in a file? iow could I
> wrap several invoice docs, a couple of statement docs, and a report
> into one file?
	[Mark Birbeck]
	Take a look at the fragment interchange spec, at W3C. It's very
simple but quite good. For an example doc, look at:

http://www.parlicom.com/X-Port/Publications/publication[ID=The%20House%2
0Magazine]/issue[ID=October%2018%20%201999]/articles/nitf[ID=8]

> Q2-I'd like to use some common fragments in several different
> documents, preferably without replicating the definition in each DTD.
> Can I set up a DTD fragment and then refer to it from within my
> document DTD, if so how?
	[Mark Birbeck]
	I think XLink may be better. Use an XPath to refer to the nodes
you want to include, and then get you server to 'include' the data
before it writes out the containing document.

	Regards,

	Mark