   RE: Undeclared namespace

  • From: Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@iedigital.net>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 23:43:42 -0000

Thomas B. Passin wrote:
> My version of IE5 does not need to have the namespace
> declared as a #FIXED attribute

Please send me a copy of it, or tell me where you downloaded it from.

Just joking, but I disagree, Thomas. This was discussed a while back in
relation to XHTML, when I seriously fell out of love with Microsoft.

If you convert HTML to nice neat XHTML and then try to use a reference
to the DTDs supplied by W3C you get errors. The W3C DTDs do not define
the namespace attribute as fixed, and MS in their wisdom have said you
must. No-one has explained why, and there is little justification for
it, so the only solution is to remove the DTD reference - and of course
you no longer technically have valid XHTML!!!!!!

Damn. I was doing so well. My therapist is going to be very
disappointed.

Mark