   Re: Entities and non-validation

  • From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
  • To: Steve Dahl <sdahl@goshawk.com>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:35:35 -0800

Good catch.

When the nonvalidating parser ignored one or more external PEs,
this isn't a fatal error.  SAX2 (alpha still) has ways to report
the situation, as I noted elsewhere in my response.

My general advice is still to avoid nonvalidating parsers that
don't read external entities, since the failure modes get so
confusing.

- Dave