   Antwort: XML Conversion

  • From: henry_fieglein@dgbank.de
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk, jess_nemis@inod.com
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:15:43 +0100

I would define the DTD as follows:

<!ELEMENT cite EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST cite
 title CDATA #REQUIRED
 author CDATA #REQUIRED
 pages CDATA #REQUIRED
 publisher CDATA #REQUIRED
 pubyear CDATA #REQUIRED

which gives the following XML file:

<cite title="The Origin of Species" author="Darwin" pages="6-10"
publisher="Oxford University Press" pubyear="1901">

The separation of the data allows for better searching and indexing later.  It
also aides in the conversion to HTML when you want to publish it on the Web.
The XSL script to convert the data could be set based on the various library
formats.

jess_nemis@inod.com on 08.11.99 19:59:21

Bitte antworten an jess_nemis@inod.com