   Re: XML 2.0alpha specification released! (Re: external parsed entites (w

  • From: Len Bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
  • To: Rick Jelliffe <ricko@allette.com.au>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:30:36 -0600

Rick Jelliffe wrote:

> From: W. Eliot Kimber <eliot@isogen.com>
>
>  >> External parsed entities are a done deal for XML 1.0.
> >> But hey, just a version number, right?  We get to
> >> have this fight again. :-)

Don't blame Eliot for saying that.  He just wants it.  The
Cat In The Hat said That.

> I am happy to announce the release of the XML 2.0alpha specification. It
> has been created by using all the criticisms of XML over the last year.

Your specification and list of commentors is brilliant.  Five
stars for wit and an astounding memory. *****

Different issue:  Can someone explain to me why arrays have
been removed from the XML schema datatypes?  Thing One
and Thing Two are working on an XML binding.  They say they need
those and without them, XML schemas don't work for the
application.  Soooo, please, some non-secret-revealing
discussion would be most appreciated.  I'll even drop
the cat thing.

len