   Re: Embrase.. Expand.. Extint..

  • From: "KenNorth" <KenNorth@email.msn.com>
  • To: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@netfolder.com>,"'XML Dev'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 21:19:46 -0800

Didier PH Martin said <martind@netfolder.com>

> You have probably noticed that two new spots appeared recently in the XML
> world radar. Did you?
> - E-speak
> - Biztalk

Three "new spots" -- the most recent is Oracle eXchange.

> On the windows platform, Biztalk messages will be processed by a Biztalk
> server acting as a middleware tool to "route" the Biztalk documents. If
both
> ends are equipped with a Windows machine

(Some of this was discussed two weeks ago at the XML One conference in Santa
Clara.)

1. A "Windows machine" is not required. The architect of a major middleware
product told me at the conference that modifying his server to process
BizTalk messages was trivial.

2. Microsoft is obviously going to produce a toolkit for Win 2000 and Visual
Basic, but Linux and Perl are a fact of life -- so there is also a Perl
toolkit.

The expert panel discussion at XML One was taped and it will shortly be
available at www.technetcast.com. The panel included Bill Smith of OASIS
(xml.org) and Dan Rogers of Microsoft (biztalk.org). Bill Smith talked about
OASIS's efforts to embrace and extend XML, particularly to enable more small
and medium-sized organizations to participate in XML-based e-commerce.