   Re: XFM (or something similar)

  • From: Dan Vint <dvint@slip.net>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:19:25 -0500

I like the idea of having it on both ends my self.

It would be nice to have a clear statement of everything that the tools
support
 - xslt
 - xpath
 - xls wd 1.2
 - dom level 1
 - xml validator - use class XXX
 - xml nonvalidator use class YYY
 - and on down the line
 - then it would be nice to know what they do extra or in a non-standard way

This is just going to get worst the way the specifications process seems to
be going and it is the marriage between what your document/data requires
and what the tool supports that will make a combination sink or swim.

..dan

Danny Vint                                       http://www.dvint.com