   RE: Microsoft's responce to XML.com article

  • From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
  • To: <martind@netfolder.com>,"xml-dev" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:35:44 -0500

At 11:31 PM 1/16/00 -0500, Didier PH Martin wrote:
>Hi Ann,
>
>So , what is more preferable from a business point of view then:
>
>380 X 5000 = 1 900 000$
>
>or 6000 X 320 = 1 920 000$

What are you trying to get at? That 6000 members is somehow preferable to 380?
There's certainly no cap on W3C membership, they're actively recruiting.

But if you think that with 6000 member organizations at a lower membership
fee that you'll somehow get better results (with the same budget for
staffing and management), I think you'd be disappointed.

Again, I've managed our membership to the W3C starting on the most
shoe-string of budgets, so "it's too expensive" really rings hollow here.
You either commit to it, or you don't.

Ann
---
Just Released! - HTML BY Example
Now shipping -  Mastering XML
Also in print:  Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials

Founder, WebGeek Communications            http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org
Director, HWG Online Education             http://www.hwg.org/services/classes