   Extensible browsers

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: "'XML Dev'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:08:34 -0500

The browser wars discussions have finally reached these shores - XML-Dev -
in a virulent form.  Does this mean that XML is finally approaching
viability as a Web development technology?

This particular explosion hasn't appeared here before, perhaps because most
of us here who do Web development are tired of hearing about it on other
lists.

Personally, I think we need extensible browsers, not these big complex
sealed browsers we keep getting.  I'm hoping XHTML will help us toward that
path and make this whole discussion obsolete.

Any takers?
Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth