   RE: Alternatives to the W3C

  • From: Jim Ancona <scarhill@yahoo.com>
  • To: "Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM" <steven.livingstone@scotent.co.uk>, xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:39:48 -0800 (PST)

From the top of that page:

"These tables summarize browsers used by 12013 hosts in 76
countries making 103140 accesses on 19/Jan/2000 to the
Engineering Workstations WWW server at the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The lion's share of accesses to
this server are for engineering student home pages. Information
about browser types is extracted from the User-Agent HTTP
Request header provided by nearly all browsers. "

I can't think of a much more techno-geek user population than
viewers of "engineering student home pages". I doubt that they
have much in common with the users of, say, eBay or Yahoo.

Jim
--- "Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM"

http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861003110

http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002696