   XMLNews newbie...

  • From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:58:36 +0100

Hi,

I am searching which XML format to use for writing news articles on a
web site.

XMLNews looks great, but I haven't found any recent information about
it's endorsement by new projects.

OCS and RSS are also interesting, but my understanding is that they
don't cover the content of the items, but rather their description.

OCS seems to be more global in it's coverage of a web site (describing
several channels), but I don't see how they can be compared or used
together.

Thanks for providing me any pointers or hints to continue is a right
direction !

Eric