   ANN: WFC Release 43

  • From: "Samuel R. Blackburn" <sblackbu@erols.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 12:50:28 -0500

For those folks using my XML classes . . .

I just published release 43 of my freeware C++ class library called
Win32 Foundation Classes. It used to be an extension of MFC to
do NT specific things but now you no longer need MFC. This release
fixes many STL-related bugs. WFC's homepage is at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sam_blackburn/wfc.htm

WFC makes it easy to create services, add/delete users, read/write
XML documents (no MSXML COM mess), filter passwords, enumerate
processes, communicate over the serial port, add/delete shares, read
individual sectors on a disk, manipulate the registry, dial RAS, ping, etc.
Basically, if you want to do non-GUI-related things in NT, take a look
at WFC.

The XML classes are easily ported to Unix (I've used them on a project)
if your Unix has STL. The parser is designed to use XML as a universal
data transport syntax. To that end, the parser will parse XML in ASCII,
UNICODE and UCS-4 (all four variants) but it won't do things like use
DTD's. It is a standalone, non-validating parser. You can use it as an
in-memory tree representation of a document or as a streaming parser
(for really large files) by supplying a callback for each element parsed.

WFC is freeware, no strings attached.

Sam