   Asynchronous message queue by SMTP&POP3

  • From: "K.Kawaguchi" <ml@swiftinc.co.jp>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 12:12:39 +0900

Hello, everyone in the community.

I have a (perhaps newbie) question.

By using "XML over HTTP", we can send XML messages across the internet
now. This could be easily done by using components like
Microsoft.XMLHTTP.

Analogously, I think that by using "XML over SMTP/POP3", we can send XML
messages asynchronously. This looks very useful in many situation.
My question here is that is there any good components that can handle
"XML over SMTP/POP3"?

If there are none, how about starting a small open-source project for
this? (provided that there are some interest for this project)
It would be great if there exists handy,free, and reliable such
components.

How do you think about this idea?

K.Kawaguchi     Swift,Inc.
E-Mail:k-kawa@swiftinc.co.jp