   RE: Asynchronous message queue by SMTP&POP3

  • From: "John D. Gwinner" <JGwinner@dazsi.com>
  • To: "John Evdemon" <john.evdemon@xmls.com>, <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 11:24:45 -0800

> From: owner-xml-dev@xml.org [mailto:owner-xml-dev@xml.org]On Behalf Of
> John Evdemon
> A queuing approach would provide a much more durable/scalable
> design than a
> simple POP3 approach - especially with regard to "lost" messages.

Although that's true, sometimes you can't control both ends of a business
conversation.

In our case, we've got an external partner that sends XML data, PGP
encrypted, via SMTP.  So a POP3 implementation or XML parser that reads via
POP3 would be handy.  We can architect this ourselves, I'm sure, but if
there's open source that does this it would be nice.

We're currently using expat as our C++ parser (well, wrapped C++), but I
don't really want to have to write a pop3 client if at all possible.
Haven't researched this *that* much yet.

		== John ==