   Is XSLTs handling of CDATA sections too aggresive?

  • From: "Nils Klarlund" <klarlund@research.att.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:17:54 -0500

Maybe somebody would like to comment on the question below I sent to
the official XSLT mailing list?

The  question is related to the XML 1.0 errata and to the general problem of
whitespace handling in XML 1.0  without the guiding hand of a DTD.

I discovered this problem while using the
Alphaworks XSLT processor to process marked-up text.
It's more than a practical issue, there are some
important principles involved I think:  let us be able to make XML 1.0
express  trees that are not full of whitespace garbage (to be filtered
by  extraneous programs, DTDs, whatever,...).

thanks in advance,

/Nils

Excerpts: