   Re: Democracy and the Future of SAX

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: 09 Feb 2000 15:25:29 -0500

Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk> writes:

> Of course, there might have been things going on in the
> background that haven't surfaced here, but one very striking
> fact about the discussions over the last month or so has been
> a distinct lack of input from, eg. Sun, IBM, Oracle etc. Who's
> to say that they won't go there own way?

The fact that it will be so cheap and easy to be conformant (heck,
they can just subclass ParserAdapter and reuse their SAX1 driver if
they want to).

The vendors that you list were all pretty quiet during the SAX1
discussions as well, but they all acted with astoundingly good faith
afterwards in implementing the API, and put real resources into
publicising the fact afterwards.

All the best,

David

p.s. I have received factual implementation questions privately from
     some of the vendors named.

           http://www.megginson.com/