   Creating a XML document as a java string

  • From: mparul@in.ibm.com
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:07:26 +0530

Hi,

I am using Apache's Xerces1.0.0 ( merged with XML4j from IBM) parser. I am
not able to figure out a way to get the xml document in the form of a java
string.
In the DOMParser class, i can add element, add child etc. Now if i want to
send this document to someone, i need to get a java string representing
this xml document, how do i get this?

Another question is how can i get a part of an xml document as a java
string. E.G. in a xml document like
<abcd>
     <def>
     temporary