   XTech 2000: Update

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:53:15 -0500 (EST)

Here's a quick update on the XTech 2000 conference in San Jose, which
is coming up in less than two weeks; full tutorial, program, and
registration information is available at

  http://www.gca.org/attend/2000_conferences/xtech_2000/default.htm

(It would be a good idea to register soon.)

New Papers
----------

We've added a paper from Eric Krock at Netscape:

 "Introduction to XUL, the XML-Based User interface Language: An XML
  Application for Defining the User Interface of Software
  Applications"

My own keynote will be entitled

  "When XML turns ugly"

Tim Bray's keynote will be equally-enigmatically entitled

  "A taxi to the future"

Town Hall Meetings
------------------

The town hall meetings, scheduled for the evenings, should be a lot of
fun (at least for the people in the audience).

For the XML Schema town hall meeting on 29 February, we'll have both
of the XML Schema WG co-chairs (Dave Hollander and Michael
Sperberg-McQueen) and both of the spec editors (Henry Thompson and
Paul Bovin) on stage, and a large part of the rest of the WG will be
hiding in the audience: the WG will have a few minutes for a quick
introduction, and then the microphones open up and the audience sets
the agenda for the rest of the evening.

For the XML Query town hall meeting on 1 March, the WG chair and at
least one of the requirements editors will be on stage; we'll announce
others as the names come in.

I'll look forward to seeing you there.

All the best,

David