   Re: Call for speakers (XML DevCon 2000, June 25-28)

  • From: "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman@ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>, "Peter Murray-Rust" <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 03:01:29 -0500

Personally I welcome all 'call for speakers' announcements.

The fact is that most people on this list, and especially those who are
likely speak at meetings should be mature and informed enough to decide
whether they want to speak at a conference or not, and should not need to be
protected from predatory 'for profit' entrepeneurs.

To welcome some 'calls' and exclude others would IMO lead to a partisan list
smacking of exclusivity.

Frank