   Call for Participation: W3C Public IRC Chat on XHTML, XML, Process

  • From: Daniel Veillard <Daniel.Veillard@w3.org>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 11:33:17 +0100

  Come and join us on IRC if you want to discuss XHTML, XML protocols
or more generally the W3C process,

Daniel

----- Forwarded message from Janet Daly <janet@w3.org> -----

From: Janet Daly <janet@w3.org>
Subject: Call for Participation: W3C Public Chat on XHTML, XML, Process

XTech 2000 is around the corner, and members of W3C staff will be there,
including Eric Prud'hommeaux, Michael Sperberg-McQueen, Henry Thompson,
and Daniel Veillard.

If you're going (or not), you may have questions regarding recent W3C
developments, including

	XHTML 1.0
	http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1

	How the W3C works
	http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/

	plus, proposals for XML and Protocols

In this spirit, we'd like to have a pre-conference chat - here are the details:

Who: 	 All are welcome

	  W3C staff attending the chat include Dan Connolly,
	  Masayasu Ishikawa, Eric Prud'hommeaux, Michael Sperberg-McQueen,
	  Henry Thompson, and Daniel Veillard.

	  Also from the HTML Working Group: Steven Pemberton and Shane McCarron

When: Friday 25 February, at 1400Z (9am Eastern Time), for about an hour

	  (Apologies to the parts of the world where that's inconvenient.)
	  The log will go online - our previous chat is at:
  	  http://www.w3.org/1999/12/w3c-irc2409

Where: irc://irc.openprojects.net/#w3c
        i.e. channel #w3c on irc.openprojects.net

        about this IRC network, see
        Open Projects Network - New User?
        http://openprojects.nu/about.html

        stay tuned to the XML home page http://www.w3.org/XML/
        for other details.

What to bring:

	  Send your pre-chat ideas, proposals, position papers, and
       "here's what I did with XHTML" to

	  www-html@w3.org

Suggested reading:

	  XHTML 1.0
	  http://www.w3.org/xhtml1

	  HTML Working Group Roadmap
    	  10 February 2000, Shane McCarron, Dave Raggett
	  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-roadmap

	  HTML Activity
	  http://www.w3.org/Markup/

	  W3C Extensible Markup Language (XML) Activity
	  http://www.w3.org/XML/Activity

	  www-html mailing list
	  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html

	  xml-dev mailing list