   Re: A certain difficulty

  • From: William Grosso <grosso@SMI.Stanford.EDU>
  • To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:38:53 -0800

Hi,

> When looking at the first results of my tinkering the first
> thing I noticed was that any subclass of protogé:Thing was
> declared to be such. So my file full of my local concepts
> has a pointer back to stanford as well as pointers back to
> the RDFS concepts.

> (From http://www.w3.org/2000/calendar/clendar.rdfs which is not a serious
> effort in any way - just a play with protege and full of junk)

This link doesn't work (nor does ...calendar.rdfs or ...calender.rdfs)
I'd like to see the project (though I think we've fixed the bug).

> In fact the fact that from Protegé's point of view  something is
> a subclass of Thing is of course information-free.  It should
> therefore be omitted from the serialization.

I think it is now :-). I just looked over a couple of rdfs files
generated by the current version and there's no mention of :THING.

William Grosso
--
William Grosso 			grosso@smi.stanford.edu
Phone 650-498-4255 		http://www.smi.stanford.edu/people/grosso/