   Re: good book on XML

  • From: "Rich Anderson" <rja@arpsolutions.demon.co.uk>
  • To: "Box, Don" <dbox@develop.com>, <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:49:09 -0800

> and/or hotmail makes things worse, although amazon has recently taken
steps
> to make posting anonymous reviews more difficult.

They should have a proper registration process and always show the reviewers
name.  I've had some stupid reviews for Beginning ASP components, Pro XML
and various other titles that I'd rather delete ( some are 5 stars ).

> Esposito), but the average wrox book cover has more head-shots than Cindy
> Crawford's portfolio.

Do people care how many people write a book ? I dont think so.  Everything
else in the world ( techologies, standards etc etc) aren't written by one
person so why should books be any different ?  Whats important is that you
get a book when you need it, it contains content that addresses your
problems, and that it is co-ordinated.

> in to the XML world. I for one would rather see something coordinated by
> folks with a grounding in traditional publishing than an ad hoc effort

I'd go for the opposite, death to all tradional publishers, long live
e-publishers ;) ;)

Cheers,

Rich