   Re: ANN: SAX 2.0 extension proposals.

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: 23 Feb 2000 21:37:22 -0500

David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net> writes:

> However, I do wonder what you think about the fact that this will
> need to run in environments where calls like System.getProperty()
> aren't allowed, or which may not support dynamic loading.

Suggestions?  I don't think that it's much use simply providing an
interface for a factory, because then people will still have to know
the class of the concrete implementation (and then why shouldn't they
just know the class of the driver in the first place).

All the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/