   Re: A certain difficulty

  • From: Stefan Haustein <haustein@kimo.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
  • To: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:32:54 +0100

David Megginson wrote:
> Stefan Haustein writes:
>
>  > So the question arises "Is the model over-simplified,
>  > is the XML syntax uneccesary complicated, or both?"
>
> Those are separate questions.  I believe that the XML syntax is
> unnecessarily complicated, that the model is unnecessarily
> complicated, and that the spec misrepresents the actual model used.
> For example, aboutEachPrefix is not a problem with the XML syntax,
> it's a complication in the model itself.

Hm, while I agree that the syntax is unnecessarily complicated,
I cannot see how the presented model (not the model reverse
engineered from the xml syntax) can be simplified further.
I would for example prefer the "bag/sequence"-thing as first
class member in the model, thus a more complicated model.
For my application it's just simpler to allow several occurences
of an arc with the same label than having tons of inbetween
objects (bags) floating around.

Best regards

Stefan

--