   Comparison DTDs and XML Schema (Re: new public working draft of XML Sche

  • From: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@allette.com.au>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 23:50:29 +0800

"C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" wrote:

> The W3C XML Schema Working Group today published a new working
> draft of XML Schema.

As an aid to the bewildered, I have started making a little note comparing XML
Schemas
from the new draft and
    * XML DTD
    * SGML DTD
    * SGML meta-DTD (architectures)

A draft is at
    http://www.ascc.net/~ricko/XMLSchemaInContext.html

This draft is not suitable/stable/correct enough for linking or reference, but
I hope some people may find it useful.  Any improvements are welcome.
Sections on Murata-san's RELAX or Nils' DSD or other schema languages would be
nice too; I may put in something about Schematron too; I hope we can avoid
juvenile acrimony and have friendly discussions on the features and niches
that the various Schema languages will lend themselves to.

Cheers

Rick Jelliffe