   RE: In praise of SVG

  • From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@netfolder.com>
  • To: "Ashvil" <ashvil@i3connect.com>, <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 15:24:55 -0500

Hi Asvil,

Asvil said:
This is why we need an XHTML browser, that can integrate HTML, Forms, SVG,
SMIL, X3D, etc. Any Software out there that can do this now or can be easily
adapted to do this ?

Didier replies:
It means that only a big pocket software manufacturer such as Microsoft will
be able to provide that. In fact, thinking more about it. VML is an ancestor
of SVG and therefore Microsoft is well equiped to add SVG to the actual
offer. In contrast, Mozilla has do do everything from scratch and if we
remember the time it took just to get to where it is now...So, I bet that
Microsoft will only re-enforce their position on the market with XHTML.

cheers
Didier PH Martin
Email: martind@netfolder.com
Conferences: Web Chicago(http://www.mfweb.com)