   Re: Frontline report from the Desperate Fgrep Hacker

  • From: Arjun Ray <aray@q2.net>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:08:40 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Sean McGrath wrote:

> xmln is available on the Pyxie website, if anyone wants to give it
> a whirl. xmln is built on top of expat and is non-validating. xmlv
> is built on top of rxp and is validating. Both xmln and xmlv
> generate the same output notation called PYX.

PYX seems to be a subset of ESIS, with

   (a) Attributes 'A' listed *after the start-element '('
   (b) Multiple data '-' content lines

Right?

> http://www.pyxie.org

Aaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!

It's that @#$%^&^%#% META Refresh (spit) again... it leads here:

  http://www.digitome.com/pyxie.html

[Netscape users are invited to perform this experiment: launch the
browser, and first go to some page that you visit regularly, e.g. a
search engine.  Then enter the first URL above.  It should take you to
the second one, uh, transparently.  Now, try to use the back button to
return to the regularly visited page.  Surprise!  The reason for this
behavior is that the META-Refresh "redirector" was returned with HTTP
Status 200 and therefore put in the browser's history stack - the back
button takes you there, and lo, forward again...  This is one of the
reasons why this idiotic "hack" ***MUST DIE!!!***.  Whew.  I feel much
better now...]

Arjun