   Re: ANN: SAX 2.0 extension proposals.

  • From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
  • To: Jim Layer <JBLayer@netscape.net>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 14:47:33 -0800

Jim Layer wrote:

> BTW, SAX2 Beta1 has "infected" Xerces-J V1.0.2 ;)
>
> http://xml.apache.org/dist/

I took a peek.  Some quick notes:

	- The namespace feature settings default to the one
	  "can't happen" described in the spec!  (And it's
	  clearly not the default from the spec, not that I
	  like that default at all.)

	- No lexical or declaration handler support.

	- It didn't seem to want to use the resolver I gave it,
	  it kept going out to the network.  (Or if it did use
	  that resolver, it didn't provide the right PUBLIC ids.)

Also, it gives fatal errors when trying to validate XHTML documents.

- Dave

p.s. this parser can be used with the beta2 files David posted,
	nothing there seems to care about the changes.