   Re: ANNOUNCE: New release of X-Tract

  • From: THOMAS PASSIN <tpassin@idsonline.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 00:31:44 -0500

ashutosh dandavate wrote
> Hi,
> I am looking out for a xml doc generator, at the
> client browser after client enters data in fields,
> that data i want to send to web server as xml doc
> can xml script be used for that purpose? or any
> other method you know of?
> Thanks
> Ashutosh

I favor about doing it with Javascript in the client browser.  You could
store the generated XML in a hidden field in another form and POST the form
to send the xml to the server.  With Javascript, you could even create
classes for every data field, if you wanted, that generate the xml.  Some
people say they don't like Javascript because some browsers don't have it,
but some browsers don't do forms either.  And "efficiency" won't be
important because a human-usable form to collect data won't be that long or
complicated.

Tom Passin