   RE: ANNOUNCE: New release of X-Tract

  • From: "Paul R. Brown" <prb@uic.edu>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 08:24:30 -0600

I thought about this a little more last night, and there are some advantages
to using XML on the client side.

If you want to use a form to collect multiple pieces of disparate data and
send them to the server simultaneously, you can do it by successively adding
to an XML document in a hidden form element.  (Perhaps you have different
subforms on different DIVs or LAYERs...)  Using XML is certainly superior to
a delimited format for debugging, readability, and reusability (although not
for total size!), and XML is also superior to storing the forms, e.g., in an
array, and document.write-ing a new form to a separate document or DIV and
then submitting it.

	- Paul