   Javascript XML transmission (was Re: ANNOUNCE: New release of X-Tract)

  • From: Etienne Posthumus <etienne@cs.uu.nl>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:04:28 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Rick JELLIFFE wrote:
> Here is a small JavaScript library that serializes a certain kind of
> tree into XML and sends it in a hidden field.
<snip>

The thought occurred to me while reading this thread that another
potentially useful application of this trick is calling services using
XML-RPC from within browser forms. Has anyone done something similar?
It's on my list of 1001-things-to-do-but-I-haven't-got-round-to-it-yet.

(I thought it a good idea to change the subject line for those people
[like me] who read a glut of lists and discard things judging by subject
lines)

Etienne Posthumus