   Re: ANNOUNCE: New release of X-Tract

  • From: Richard Lanyon <rgl@decisionsoft.com>
  • To: ashutosh dandavate <ald_blk@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:26:41 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, ashutosh dandavate wrote:

> I am looking out for a xml doc generator, at the
> client browser after client enters data in fields,
> that data i want to send to web server as xml doc
> can xml script be used for that purpose? or any
> other method you know of?

I'm slightly surprised that you need the client to create XML to send
to the server. Wouldn't it be easier (and use less bandwidth) to send
the user data to the server through a "normal" HTML form, and then get
the server to create the XML? XML Script can sit behind a web server
(IIS or Apache) and accept CGI input, so that would work fine.

Alternatively, you could always use XML Script to create an XML file
locally, and then use an HTML page with an <INPUT TYPE="file" > tag to
allow uploading of the file through your browser.

However, if you really need to create the XML using a client browser,
I agree that Javascript would probably be the way to go.

--
Richard Lanyon (Software Engineer) |     "The medium is the message"
XML Script development,            |             - Marshall McLuhan