   XML-DEV archives accessible via XML.ORG

  • From: Craig Chevrier <craigchevrier@juno.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:56:19 -0500

Dear XML-DEV Community:

Earlier this week, OASIS was finally able to provide access to the
XML-DEV mailing list archives on XML.ORG (http://www.xml.org).  We at
OASIS appreciate the patience of the community as a whole while we worked
to overcome the technical and logistical obstacles that had previously
prevented us from publishing the archives.

The archive is accessible from the XML Resources area of XML.ORG, as well
as temporarily from the XML.ORG home page.  You'll find that we've
published a brief introduction to the list and the community, and a link
to an archives page that allows users to view the archives by Author,
Subject and Date.  In addition, Author, Subject and Date Directories are
also available.

This is just the beginning; we have lots of plans for enhancing the
features of XML-DEV on XML.ORG, including search and querying
capabilities, publishing of the XML-DEV digest, providing a robust
XML-DEV working area along with other workgroup and committee-specific
work areas, and more functionality that we hope will bolster XML
information exchange and facilitate the community's improved
productivity.

Your comments, suggestions and ideas are certainly welcome.  Please feel
free to communicate with me directly about them at the e-mail and/or
telephone coordinates noted below.

Sincerely,
-craig

Craig Chevrier
Managing Editor, www.XML.org
Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards
(978)667-5115 (x203)
craig.chevrier@oasis-open.org