   Re: XML-DEV archives accessible via XML.ORG

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 19:51:33 +0000

At 13:56 03/03/00 -0500, Craig Chevrier wrote:
>Dear XML-DEV Community:
>
>Earlier this week, OASIS was finally able to provide access to the
>XML-DEV mailing list archives on XML.ORG (http://www.xml.org).  We at
>OASIS appreciate the patience of the community as a whole while we worked
>to overcome the technical and logistical obstacles that had previously
>prevented us from publishing the archives.

Dear OASIS,
	On behalf of the XML-DEV membership many thanks. And my thanks to the list
for its patience.

>This is just the beginning; we have lots of plans for enhancing the
>features of XML-DEV on XML.ORG, including search and querying
>capabilities, publishing of the XML-DEV digest, providing a robust
>XML-DEV working area along with other workgroup and committee-specific
>work areas, and more functionality that we hope will bolster XML
>information exchange and facilitate the community's improved
>productivity.
>
>Your comments, suggestions and ideas are certainly welcome.  Please feel
>free to communicate with me directly about them at the e-mail and/or
>telephone coordinates noted below.

I agree there are lots of opportunities. Leigh Dodds has shown us some. We
have a high-quality corpus that can be of considerable value to new
members. Moreover XML-DEV is a microcosm of part of the ethos of year 2000.

	P.