   Re: Random XTech observations

  • From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 15:06:33 -0800

At 05:40 PM 3/6/00 -0500, Frank Boumphrey wrote:
>The thing that suprised me was how few naked pitches there were! In fact the
>academic quality of the papers was extreamly hgh.

BTW, the conference organizers had no problem with people doing naked
pitches, provided only that some new technology was being shown for the
first time.

Actually, I wouldn't have minded seeing a few more commercial rollouts
coming off the stage.

Having said that, Frank was right; both the intensity and quality were
pleasingly high. -Tim