   Re: Where's Aelfred?

  • From: Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>
  • To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:48:21 +0000

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 09:27:45AM -0800, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> Following Open Text's acquisition of Microstar, the Aelfred XML parser
> no longer seems to be avaailable at
> http://www.microstar.com/aelfred.html or anywhere else I can find. Does
> anyone know the current canonical URL?

I don't know if it's "canonical", but David Brownell has released a
version of AElfred with his SAX2 XML utilities. From the web page:

"This includes several SAX2beta2 parsers including a version of AElfred
enhanced for strong XML and SAX2 conformance, a validating version of
that parser, and a DOM tree parser. "

More info & download at http://home.pacbell.net/david-b/xml/

-- Edd